Sunday, January 4, 2009

Guard Dog Extraordinaire


I have a little peep-hole window at the front door that I like to lay in my bed and look out of during the day....... but never did I expect to see staring me nose to nose on the other side of the glass was a blue-tongued lizard curled in behind one of the pot plants.

I made such a hullaballoo that mummy came running to see what all the fuss was about!

If only she'd had her camera handy - it would have been a top shot!


We had a stand off for about 5 minutes without either of us giving in and then the hysterics started again when it decided to move and crawl away into the front garden!


I wanted out so badly but I wasn't allowed. When mummy went out to investigate I began to howl at the front door! That had mummy in hysterics then because she's never heard me howl before. So we've named him Lizzy! He lives in Aunty Tam's garden sometimes but today he decided to stroll on down the street because mummy had watered the garden and he wanted a drink! We also have a little skink that lives under the patio out the back. I swear I'll pounce on him one day and catch him - but he's a slippery little sucker!


I don't think big Lizzy will come back to the front door again ..... but I hope he does!!!

Holly xx

No comments: